Thank you so much to everyone who came out on October 25th for the 2015 Spirit of La Hermandad Awards which took place at the Residence Inn in Oxnard!
We had a great time reconnecting with allies committed to advancing immigrants’ education and rights. Here at La Hermandad, we’re re-energized and ready to take our fight for social and economic justice to the next level.
The event featured seven inspiring honorees:
- El Sembrador Award (sower)- Henry “Hank” L. Lacayo
- La Cultivadora Award (cultivator) – Sarah Miller McCune, McCune Foundation
- La Rama Award (branch) – Ana Berenice Diaz Ceballos, Consulado De Mexico
- La Rama Award – Gregory D. Totten, District Attorney
- La Rama Award – Bonnie Atmore, FOOD Share
- La Espiga Award (sprig) – Guadalupe Navarrete, Volunteer
- The Harvest Award – Jose Ortiz, Joseph & Sons Inc.
We also deeply appreciate everyone else who was a part of this year’s event. This includes over 250 guests, our generous sponsors including Josephs & Sons Inc., journal ad contributors, other donors, our emcee, Heather Lacayo-Neace, Video Producer the one and only Vent2Wire Justin Wayoro and Trio Los Principes, the trio that got the morning started with its rhythms. And congratulations to the winners of our event raffles, silent auction, and live action!
Check out our event photo album for more!
Finally, La Hermandad’s work wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of people like you. All proceeds from the event will sustain La Herandad’s ongoing efforts to defend and advance the rights and opportunities of low-income community and their families. If you weren’t able to participate in the luncheon, consider making a gift today.
See you on December 20th for our Annual Posada Event!